Barefoot Studio events and workshops are open to all! Come explore, grow, and connect.
- Healing Cacao Ceremony
- Saturday, September 18, 2021 / 1-3 pm / $38 per person
- Cacao is a potent medicine for mind, body, and spirit. It’s a superfood and also holds the energetics of a grounding, heart-centered journey. Whether you are new to the Cacao experience or a familiar friend, this Healing Ceremony will bring you out of the thinking mind and into your heart.
After enjoying a deliciously prepared ceremonial Cacao drink, you will be serenaded into a meditative state by the sounds of crystal singing bowls. Then, in deep meditation, you will go on a journey of the mind through guided visualization and supported by the life-force energy of Reiki.
- Breaking Down Challenge Poses
- Sunday, September 26, 2021 / noon-2 pm / $20 per person
- This fun and dynamic workshop will teach you how to approach your challenge pose(s) with greater confidence. Whether it’s fallen triangle, crow, or some other pose, Amanda will break down each asana into smaller parts so you understand what each part is supposed to do. She’ll also provide variations, including prop usage, to make each pose more accessible.
Bring a playful spirit and willingness to explore, laugh, and be inspired!
If you have your own props, please bring them.
- Sunday, October 3, 2021 / noon-2 pm / $35 per person for non-members, $30 per person for members
- Deepen your Yin practice while supporting your mind, body, and spirit through positive affirmations.
During this two hour workshop, you will dive into a life-changing practice of gratitude and manifestation by working with positive affirmations. Learn how to create your own and enjoy an extended yin practice interwoven with guided affirmations.
Bring a journal to write down any inspirations that you receive!
- Restore and Renew
- Sunday, October 17, 2021 / 1:30-4 pm / $25 per person
- As we head into Fall and Winter, it’s important to take time for yourself … to slow down, deeply rest, and support your immune system. Restore and Renew encourages deep relaxation. You will hold poses for longer periods of time with props supporting you completely. Enhance your body’s natural rest and digest functions, re-balance your nervous system, and foster physical, mental, and emotional benefits. This practice will leave you feeling blissed out with a deep-seated sense of peace and renewal.
No yoga experience necessary!
- 12 Tone Crystal Bowl Sound Bath
- Sunday, October 24 / noon-1 pm / $20 per person
- Sweat pants, pajamas…wear whatever you like.
Close your eyes. Body part by body part, feel yourself relax. Become immersed in waves of echoing sounds that wash away stressful thoughts and tension.
Join Brianna for an hour you won’t soon forget.
These vibrations don’t translate well over zoom.
- Intro to Ayurveda – What’s Your Dosha
- Saturday, November 6 / 1-3 pm / $30 per person
- Ayurveda, often called the Science of Life, is the sister practice to Yoga. In this workshop, NAMA board-certified Ayurvedic practitioners Tanja Bungardt-Price and Bill Price will share how to achieve and maintain a vibrant and joyful state of health by applying the basic principles of Ayurveda to your daily routine. You will complete a questionnaire to learn more about your dosha (mind-body personality), learn how to recognize and address life patterns that cause imbalances, and explore how to use food as medicine.
After this workshop, you’ll understand…
*Origins of Ayurveda
*5 elements and their qualities
*Characteristics of the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha).
*How your particular constitution (prakruti) and current imbalance (vikruti) affects your mind, body, and spirit.
*Ways a unique diet, herbs, lifestyle, yoga, meditation, and daily routine are used as tools to create balance.
No yoga experience required.
2 CEU hours available for NCBTMB massage therapists and for YA registered yoga teachers.
- Day Retreat at Catalina State Park
- Sunday, November 7 / 9 am – 2 pm / $50 per person
- Time in nature brings about healthy changes in our bodies, including reduced stress, improved immunity, and symptom relief for common health issues. Contemplation techniques help us release our tendency to fall into habitual thought patterns and get caught up in the modern world’s demands. Nature + Contemplation = Peace
Melissa and David will treat you to…
*A walk or two in nature (seated alternate available)
*Journaling and/or Painting (supplies provided)
*Pranayama (breathing techniques)
*Nature Sound Healing
The Retreat will be based at the Flycatcher Ramada with parking and restrooms nearby. Picnic tables are provided; you’re welcome to bring your own lawn chair. While snacks and water will be provided, we suggest bringing your own sack lunch, a sweater or jacket, and a hat.
No yoga experience necessary!
4 CEU hours available for YA registered yoga teachers.
- Ultimate Weekend Retreat – Intro to Ayurveda and Day Retreat at Catalina State Park
- Saturday, November 6 / 1-3 pm
Sunday, November 7 / 9 am – 2 pm
$64 per person
- ULTIMATE WEEKEND RETREAT SPECIAL: This reservation link registers you in the Intro to Ayurveda-What’s Your Dosha workshop on November 6 and the Day Retreat at Catalina State Park on November 7. The price reflects a discount on each workshop’s individual purchase price!
See individual workshop descriptions for details